Monday, December 5, 2011

Lights, Friends, and Controlling the Weather

So I wasn't home much again yesterday but I'm writing again and it's only been a week! Score!

So Monday, we had FHE at Bishops house so Lyndsie and I went to drive up to the church and my car wouldn't start. Again. We got a ride from someone else up to the church and I rode with Maddie to Bishop's. We had dinner and played some get to know you games. Then Maddie brought my car back to life and I drove it around for like an hour to make sure it wouldn't die. On my drive, I got some pretty pictures!
The Provo temple all lit up and gorgeous.
The Riverwoods had lights all over and it was pretty :)

Tuesday, had work and school like usual. Then went over to B1223 for breakfast food and games with friends that night. We watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers while making snowflakes (I worked on homework). Not much else to post about for that day.

Wednesday went to the temple with Maddie as usual but got some pretty pictures! The sun was gorgeous against the clouds before we went and the temple had put a nativity scene out. I also found out that my braces were done! I made an appointment for Monday (they weren't quite ready for me that day or I totally would have gone that very day haha).
(Maddie has an even better one of this shot but I'm waiting to get it from her)

Thursday, I had a math test (which I felt totally prepared for until I started then I felt like I forgot everything). I worked then I packed up my dishes to move them to my new place. Not too exciting of a day haha.

 Friday, yet another day of school and work. I found out that I did fairly well on my math test :) Went over to B1223 after work to move my dishes in there and ended up hanging out to make ornaments with candy canes. 
My candy cane reindeer :)

Lauren's cute penguin candy cane

Saturday, there was an ice skating activity. I planned to go just to hang out since I am missing a brace but of course being me, I can't just sit on the sidelines. I decided to give it a try with only having one brace and to my disbelief, I was able to do it! I went around 3 times and was throughly exhausted but it was fun! I had given my camera to a friend so we got some pictures!
Skating with Lyndsie
Lauren, Millie, Gaetana, me (left to right)

Sunday, I had my meetings and church. Even though I'm hungry, I love fast Sundays. My stomach growled several times during sacrament meeting, which made Mary chuckle, but it was good. The stake RS presidency came and taught us about modesty. They did a very good job at teaching about it bluntly but not awkwardly. The First Presidency Christmas Devotional was that night and as always it was very good.

To others dismay, it still has not snowed. We have been joking that I have been controlling the weather because I said that it can't snow till after I get my braces and the few times that it has snowed, it's been at night and hasn't stuck. Even when the weather says that we're going to have a major snow, it hasn't come. Since I'm getting my braces in just a few hours, we're pretty convinced that it's gonna come very soon haha. I am so glad it hasn't come though cuz I don't think I would do very good with one brace and snow. This past week was good and I hope this one will be just as grand! Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment