Friday, March 18, 2011

Update and Good News

I know it's been FOREVER since I posted. I kinda gave up on the post a picture a day thing and nothing really exciting was happening. Then my plans took a U-turn and I have a lot to catch you guys up on!

So, as far as my mission goes, I'm not going to go on an official mission. I'm only a little disappointed about that cuz I think it'd be awesome to go but I feel good about the decision not to go. I don't really want to elaborate on why. If you really wanna know, ask and I might tell you :)

(By the way, I already wrote this next paragraph but then my browser froze and I had to restart it and it hadn't saved so I am having to re-write it :-/ )
Now just because I'm not going on a mission, does not mean that I have no plans for my life. Quite the opposite! I am going to go to UVU this summer! Then this fall I am going to go back to BYUI. I already talked to the people up in Rexburg and they said that as long as school this semester at UVU goes well then I'm good to go back up. I'll be cutting it close though cuz I can't petition to go back until I get the grades from this summer. I figure that since the classes I'm taking this fall are upper level classes, I can probably talk to the teachers and get in (I know most of the teachers anyway hehe). I'm starting to look at housing now though cuz other wise I'm not going to find anything. My only issue now is to find somewhere where they'll let me bring my hermit crabs hehe. I'm going to send out a mass email to housing that I'm interested in and see if any of them will let me (besides, they are no problem whatsoever; fish can pose a water damage issue). It's funny though cuz I go: Summer 2011-Orem, Fall 2011-Rexburg, Winter 2012-Orem, Spring 2012-Rexburg, Summer and Fall 2012-Orem. Since I'm off track for Winter semester I'll come back here then after Spring 2012 I'll be student teaching back in Utah so I'll come back then too. This fall will be bitter sweet though cuz a lot of my Rexburg friends will be gone by this fall and I've made a lot of friends here in Orem. I'll make more friends up there and it'll be good for me but still. I'm excited though!

My roommate situation right now is, to put it lightly, sucky! I feel like they don't like me and are bothered by me but they don't talk to me about it. I feel like we're just living together and tolerating one another rather than being friends and being more than just girls assigned to an apartment together. I'm tired of living in a situation like this. Conveniently, my Relief Society president is going home for the summer but is coming back for the fall. We talked to the management and they are going to let me transfer up to the complex next door to where I live now (which is owned by the same people) and take over her contract for the summer. She would like to move back into the same apartment that she's in now when she comes back this fall and I'm leaving this fall so it's a win-win situation for both of us (except that all of us here will miss her!).

On a brighter note, I'm happy with the decisions that I've made in my life most recently and I feel good about them. I know that I'm on the right track to being where I need to be. I'm not there yet, I know I have things that I need to work on, but I'm getting there.

I know that I said I wasn't going to talk about Stuart on this blog, but this is good news. Besides, I can't just pretend that he wasn't a part of my life because he was and I've learned so much from that whole experience. I do know now, that I'm over him. I drove by his apartment complex last week and it didn't hurt at all. I didn't look for his car like every other time I have driven by it (old habit I had to break). I have forgiven him for what he did to me, but it doesn't hurt anymore. I am ready to move on in my life and find my true eternal companion. I know that he's out there and I am patiently searching for him. In order to find him though, I have to date and I am ready for it! Bring it on! :D

PS. I have recently found this song that I listen to probably too much but I love it. It's called The Ping Pong Song (Do You Know) by Enrique Inglesias. The chorus goes "Do you know what it feels like loving someone that's in a rush to throw you away?" That's how I feel that Stuart felt about me. Not the whole song, but just parts. He didn't care and just threw me away. But I'm back and ready for the game of life again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment